On behalf of ConcussionCorps and the Connecticut Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
CONGRATULATIONS ON BUILDING YOUR SCHOOL’S CONCUSSION MANAGEMENT TEAM!
To become certified these schools have completed the following steps:
- Identify at least 3 or 4 staff members (from different departments) to make up the core team
- Complete a pre- and post- survey
- Complete a concussion education session
- Learn current Standard of Care protocols to evaluate a head injury and how to pace a student through recovery in a school environment
- Establish school policy and procedures, communication patterns, and proper documentation for a head injury.
CITY HILL MIDDLE SCHOOL
NAUGATUCK HIGH SCHOOL
STONINGTON HIGH SCHOOL